Our middle school curriculum offers a continuation (and strengthening) of learning for students that are based in the Minnesota state academic standards. This continuation from elementary school provides learning in academic and social-emotional areas that will prepare students to be ready for college, articulated skilled trades and careers.
All of our middle school students receive instruction in:
- Literacy and Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts
- Physical Education and Health
- Music (Band, Choir, Orchestra and General Music)
- World Languages (French and Spanish)
- Technology Education (woodshop and media arts)
- Recreation & Leisure
- Culture & Identity
- Advisory focus on Social and Emotional Learning
Learn more about the Minnesota K-12 Academic Standards at the Minnesota Department of Education's website.
Spanish Immersion Programming
RSI students to continue their Spanish instruction at Plymouth Middle School. Students take three classes per day in Spanish at each grade level: Science, Social Studies and Spanish Language Arts/Reading.